Thursday 15 December 2011

Christmas has arrived at 'Primrose Cottage'


Last week was the week I decided to throw myself into Christmas preparations. I just love this time of the year and doing everything I can to enjoy it. Furthermore, this year is special. First, because it is the first Christmas we are going to celebrate in our tiny British house called 'Primrose Cottage', and second, because after the tough year we have had, I decided we need to have a quiet and nice Christmas. So, with these two excuses in hand, I started to do all kinds of preparations... some are new, some inspired by the lovely blogs I have been reading lately, some are traditions we have been building together.... you can see the results for yourselves.


 
Mistletoe has been my latest discovery for decorations... here I can pick it up from the forest nearby the University. Needless to say, in Colombia I never had the chance to see it 'in situ', therefore, I never knew how prickly it is. Nonetheless, I managed to put it up in our staircase… and it has become another good reason for stealing more kisses from M. 

  
The Adventskalendar this year is special. Although we use the one my mother gave us a few years ago… and that we put up every year, because I love it - it has cats all over it!!! And I managed to find its place in the tiny house!!! This year we filled it with different kinds of chocolate, and Adventpost, inspired by muymolon!! Husband and I wrote different messages for each other, then folded them in origami envelopes and put one inside each day sachet. Simple, but I can assure you that it has been the sweetest thing to do during these pre-Christmas days… to open these messages that warm our hearts.  




No comments: